My boyfriend and I don't really 'do' valentines day. I do however do chocolate and desserts and chocolate with dessert is even better. A truckload of Lindt chocolate landed on my doorstep last week and my first thought was to 'eat it all in one go' but my discipline kicked in and I stashed it away for a sugary themed blog post. I was originally going to make an altered version of The Londoner's slutty brownies but that seemed like too much hard work....my kind of baking involves minimal ingredients and minimal utensils. Therefore the Strawberries and Cream Cheesecake was born.
I found an incredibly sinful recipe from Nigella and adapted it slightly *double the biscuits, the better the buttery base*!!!
You will need:
*200g Digestive biscuits
*100g Melted butter
*200g Lindt Stawberries & Cream Chocolate
*284ml Double cream
*250g Full fat soft cheese
*250g Mascarpone cheese
1. Crush the biscuits until they look like breadcrumbs. The recipe tells you to use a blender but my method of putting them in a plastic bag and bashing them with a wine bottle worked just as well.
Mix the breadcrumbs and melted butter together and then press down into an even layer at the bottom of the tin. Remember to grease it.
2. Place the chocolate into a heatproof bowl and melt over a pan of simmering water (avoid temptation to dip your fingers in!!) Set to one side.
3. Mix the cream cheese, cream and mascarpone in a large bowl until it has a satin like consistency (and represents a heart attack)
4. After the chocolate has cooled slightly, pour it in with the cream mixture and stir together.
5. Spoon the mixture on top of the biscuit base and spread evenly.
6. Refrigerate for 3 hours
There you have it ladies and gents....Lindt Strawberries and Cream Cheesecake. Your welcome.