Sometimes I find myself getting my knickers in a twist about there not being enough hours in the day. I work full time but I have a constant itch to blog every day as I love it so much. After blogging for almost 2 years now I think I finally have the right balance between my job and my passion so I thought I would share with you some secrets:
1. Do it because you want to not because you have to. You shouldn't feel pressured to write posts (unless you are collaborating with a brand and have agreed a deadline). For most people their blog is their hobby so it really shouldn't feel like hard work.
2. Dedicate one morning or afternoon a week to take pictures in bulk. As I work 9-5 Monday to Friday, I use Sunday as my blog day. After an hour or two of intense photographing I then reward myself by lighting a candle and reading some of my favourite blogs. I may also have to cook tea for my BF in return for dragging him out to take outfit photos!!!!
3. Take your camera everywhere. You never know when a blog post opportunity may pop up.
4. If you like to blog about fashion (like me) but struggle to take outfit photos, why not dabble in a bit of beauty or lifestyle blogging. Your readers may love hearing about your new red lipstick or the amazing restaurant you went to at the weekend.
5. Always have a notebook handy. I quite often get blog post ideas whilst sat at my desk having lunch!
6. Don't get caught up in a blogging bubble and forget about friends, partners or family. Make sure to spend time with those who are important to you as they are often the most inspiring.
7. Rather than worrying about getting as many posts as you can published a week, concentrate your time on fewer posts with better content.
What are your tips for blogging whilst working full time?